This dairy-free, gluten-free diet is becoming increasingly mainstream. Many people go to dairy and gluten-free diets nowadays to manage food sensitivities. This diet strictly excludes the dairy products and protein present in wheat, oat, etc, and includes food like meat, fish, eggs, fruits, and vegetables.
Gluten helps food to maintain its shape for example in bread. Gluten contains 70-80% of the total protein in bread wheat.
For most people gluten is safe but people with conditions like gluten sensitivity should avoid this kind of diet to prevent any other health effects.
Here is some Gluten-free food are discussed below:
- Whole grain: whole grain is of various varieties few of them contain gluten whereas some of them are gluten-free. Gluten-free whole grains are as follows-brown rice, white rice, buckwheat, teff, etc.
- Fruits and vegetables like apple, bananas, carrot, onion, etc can be easily taken in a gluten-free diet
- Some of the gluten-free protein food is – nuts and seeds, fresh chicken, fresh beep, seafood like fresh fish
- Some gluten-free fat and oil consist – butter, ghee, coconut oil, olive oil, etc.
- Beverages: Some gluten-free beverages are fruit juice, lemonade, etc., and beverages like wine beer should be completely avoided.
- Spices and Sauces: some of the gluten-free spices and sauces are – white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, etc.
Advantages of dairy and gluten-free diet
Some advantages are mentioned below:
- One of the main advantages of a gluten-free diet is it helps in treating gluten sensitivity
- A gluten-free diet is safe for almost everyone if we follow this with proper planning
- A gluten-free diet helps improve the energy levels, metabolism of an individual.
A dairy-free diet excludes the products which contain a high amount of salt and saturated fats if taking them in excess it may hurt our health therefore by following the dairy and gluten-free diet we can see good results in our body.
Disadvantages of dairy and gluten-free diet
Now if we look at the disadvantages of a gluten-free diet are then:
There may be health risks by following this diet as this diet does not contain enough nutrients and vitamins which our body requires on a daily basis and a dairy-free diet excludes the dairy products which contain calcium, vitamin D so by excluding these products from our diet it may harm our body in the long run.
If we stick to this lifestyle and eliminate gluten in our everyday lives by eating the gluten-free foods mentioned above, we will be able to sustain a well-balanced diet. This diet consists of fresh juices, vegetables, and fruits so by taking them in proper routine then we see the good results in our body very soon.