With the increase in gluten allergies around the world, everyone is constantly looking for gluten-free diet foods that help them remain fit and healthy. These gluten-free foods do not pose any health risk, and also helps to reduce weight. So, here are two wonderful gluten-free diet foods you should include in your meals.
Gluten-Free Diet Foods
Amaranth bites, popularly known as ‘Rajgira’, initially were grown and harvested by the Aztec and Inca tribes in South and Central America. You can cultivate it as a grain crop and has huge health benefits. In the U.S, you can find Amaranth grain in health stores. It is known as the wonder millet, as it has a wide spectrum of nutrients. You might call the Amaranth a superfood too. It is a gluten-free snack that is also a rich source of protein, vitamins, minerals, omega-3 fats, and fibers. Therefore, they help you build your immunity and fight inflammation.
The Beneficial Attributes Of Amaranth
- It is a high source of protein: This grain has an unusually high amount of protein that is bio-available. This is essential for building muscle mass, aiding in hormone balance, helping in digestion, and supporting neurological function.
- Reduces inflammation: A leaky gut syndrome, inflammation, arthritis, and fibromyalgia is the result of buildup toxins in the body. These toxins cause the immune system to act in a hyper way, which leads to inflammation. Hence, this anti-inflammatory grain inhibits such conditions, and also provides a natural treatment for arthritis.
- Lowers Cholesterol: Amaranth grains decrease Low-Density Cholesterol by 30% or more. This grain is rich in fiber and helps in faster bowel movements. The fiber also binds the cholesterol, which is then excreted from the body. This process triggers the liver to produce more bile, by using the stored cholesterol in the body, thereby reducing the overall cholesterol level.
- It helps fight diabetes.
- Amaranth also aids in digestion.
- Weight-loss assistance, and hence a super diet food.
- Beneficial for pregnant women.
- This is an excellent grain to those looking for gluten-free diet foods, and people suffering from celiac disease.
How To Include Amaranth Bites In Your Diet
Sugar cravings are the worst enemies of weight loss. Most of the time, we give in to those cravings by popping in biscuits and pastries loaded with sugar. Amaranth bites are a healthy way to bust your sweet cravings. You can consume it as snacks or as breakfast foods. Therefore, replace your processed foods by these decadent Amaranth bites.
Quinoa is an excellent gluten-free pseudo-grain high in protein. It is a top gluten-free diet food that can be eaten sprouted or cooked. It has small seeds that can be eaten after the bitter coating is removed. Quinoa is full of nutrients and comes in a variety of white, red, ivory, and black.
Benefits of Quinoa
- It can be eaten as a substitute for grains as it is gluten-free.
- Protein-rich foods.
- Contains twice as much fiber in comparison to other grains.
- Also has iron and lysine.
- With high amounts of riboflavin and manganese.
- Good for people with celiac disease.
How to include Quinoa in your diet?
You can eat it like couscous and rice. It comes in the form of mustard-sized seeds that need to be cooked whole. You can have it as a tasty side dish, with some dressing, or as a salad. You may also turn it into flour and use it to make bread, cakes, etc.